The Women in Data Science (WiDS) is a one-day technical conference that provides an opportunity to hear about the latest data science-related research in a number of domains, learn how leading-edge companies are using data science for success, and connect with potential mentors and collaborators in the field.
#WiDSDavis is an independent event organized by the UC Davis Data Science Initiative to coincide with the annual Global WiDS Conference held at Stanford University and an estimated 150+ locations worldwide. All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work. Space is limited and registration is required.
- Chen-Nee Chua, Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Danielle Lemay, Associate Professor, Nutrition
- Sara McCullough, Associate Director, Feminist Research Institute
- Emily Merchant, Assistant Professor, Science & Technology Studies
- Deb Niemeier, Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Xiaoling Shu, Professor, Sociology
- Susan Ustin, Professor, Land, Air & Water Resources
Event agenda and flyer are attached below. For more information, see http://dsi.ucdavis.edu/WiDS2019.